Google

Sunday, July 8, 2007

Back on the Meds

I went for my check up back in April, and my BP was a little too high for my Dr.'s liking, so I was put back on meds. Luckily it's only 1/2 pill per day of a water pill (Maxide), unlike before when I was taking 1 water pill + 1/2 Atenolol per day. My BP was 149/85.

I know that I've slacking on my low-sodium diet, eating out way too much. Since then I've been trying to cook at home more, and eat out only once or twice a month. That restaurant food has so much sodium! I guess if you watch the Food Network you do notice that all of the chefs are pretty liberal with the salt.

This past week I had my first follow-up appointment since being back on the meds. My BP had gone down to 138/70. The Dr. said I can come back in 4 months instead of 3, and if I can get my systolic (top #) down below 130 and maintain it there, we can talk again about getting off the meds (and of course keep the diastolic down around 70). I need to come up with some new low-so recipes to keep variety in my diet. Can't eat the same 3 dishes all the time! As I develop new ones I'll try to post them up here on my blog.

No comments: